Saturday 10 January 2015

Speech Bubble Birdie

Happy Saturday lovelies!

I do hope you are all having a fab weekend so far. I've been busy today doing my DT make for the next challenge for Incy Wincy. 

Simon has been in the garage all day, don't ask what he's up to. Last weekend there was a lot of 'buffing' going on. He is obsessed with making all the parts for Molly very shiny. She's got very shiny parts, but no body shell at the minute (away being sprayed as I speak - hopefully). I daren't go in the garage in case I get a good buffing too - ooer!

So! Onto a little card I made for Will my nephew. It was his birthday during the week and you know how it is to try and come up with a card for a teenage boy - aarrgh!

I got a lovely speech bubble die set for Christmas, Die-namics Say Hello by My Favorite Things. It has two dies, one with 'hello' in it and another that is just a large blank bubble.

Because of the size of the bubble I thought it would be fun to have a ridiculously small character saying happy birthday in very large letters. I scouted through my stamps and came across a fave set that I've had for years - Picoti Picota by Artemio. There is the teeniest little bird in the set that was just what I was looking for..

Anyway, I've waffled long enough, here is said card...



What you need...

Card stock: black, white
Patterned paper: Zip-A-Dee-Doodle 6x6 Paper Pad - Bo Bunny
Stickers: Zip-A-Dee-Doodle Combo Stickers - Bo Bunny
Stamps: Picoti Picota - Artemio
Dies: Die-namics Transformables-Say Hello - My Favorite Things
Promarkers: Duck Egg, Ice Grey 1
Punch: circle 5/8"
Gems: black

What you do...

Cover the bottom of a top fold blank with a 3cm deep strip of 'Meow' paper. Apply a length of black/white striped border sticker along the top edge.

Stamp and colour in the bird and punch out. Fix him to the left, tucking him just under the sticker.

Create and print out a sentiment, then die cut it out. Attach to the top of the blank. Add gems to the exclamation marks and three along the border a the right.

I love this collection by Bo Bunny, the colour palette is limited to black, white, blues and greens, there are a few flowery patterns and but most of the collection has some great designs suitable for male cards. 

I am pleased to say that Will loved it. Success! I now have another teenage boy card to do for the end of the month for Will's brother Tom. Do you think he'd notice if I did him the same card but with a different patterned paper? 

Probably.

I'm going to say ta-ta now. Thank you for calling by and enjoy the rest of your weekend :o) xx

post signature

1 comment:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hehe, his brother might notice! But then again, they're teen boys, so maybe not LOL! Your card is gorgeous! Love it!