Monday 19 January 2015

Sup? - Grumpy Monkey - Dr Digi/Incy Wincy

Good afternoon!

I do hope you are all well and rested after the weekend.

We have another fabulous challenge over at Incy Wincy this week - make an easel card.

Our fantastic sponsor is Dr Digi. The winner will get two digis as a prize (you lucky thing, you).


Now then, I am not in any way a fan of easel cards, in any shape or form; so this was indeed a very big challenge for me.

I chose a brilliant image called Grumpy Monkey and here is what I did with this 'cool dude'...



What you need...

Digi stamp: Grumpy Monkey - Dr Digi's House of Stamps
Digital card stock: white - Craftwork Cards
Card stock: black
Patterned paper: Swagger 6x6 Paper Pad - Fancy Pants Designs
Promarkers: Black, Ice grey 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5
Pearls: black

What you do...

Re-size the image to suit. Add the 'Sup?', print out and colour.
Create a 13cm square easel card.
Trim and mat the image onto black card and attach to the blank.
Create a sentiment, mat onto black card and fix to the base of the card with foam tape.
Add some black pearls to finish.

I just love the look on this guys face. If he wasn't saying 'Sup?' I think it would be 'What u lookin' at?' As it's a perfect image to use for a male card, I stuck with monochromatic tones of blacks and greys.

Why not pop on over to Incy Wincy to enter the challenge and have a look at the scrummy inspiration my talented teamies have created?

Thank you for stopping by, ttfn xx

P.S. I'm still not a fan of easel cards :o(

post signature

1 comment:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Made me smile! Too cute!