Thursday 3 January 2013

Dave, Mark Antony & a Mad Scientist!

H'afternoon chums!

Hope you all had a fabulous New Year's Eve/Day/Night! We went out in fancy dress to our local, The Vernon Arms. A merry time was had by all.

I went as Dave (it's what everyone calls me - not telling you why though - bwah ha ha ha) a 1970's film star of a certain nature and Simon went as a roman centurion (he liked to think himself as Mark Antony). Needless to say we had a great night. 
At The Vernon I asked for a manly film star drink of a pint of bitter with a straw, slice of lemon, a cherry and an umbrella, but they could only accommodate the lemon and straw. Luckily I don't get tipsy on bitter, but after a couple of glasses I went onto the ol' lime and soda.

Here are a couple of piccies...

Simon was doing his Mad Mark Antony face here - scary!

We were out on New Year's Night too. I think I'm a bit partied out now. We seem to have been out more this Christmas than any other I can remember. Saying that, we're out tomorrow night - gasp!

Right - ho! On with the proper blog stuff, my first official one of 2013! A birthday card I've made for my nephew William.

What you need...
Stamps: Great Chemistry - Paper Smooches
Printed card stock: Ledger - Papermania 12x12" Kraft Basics Pack
Card stock: white, lime
Ink: Onyx Black - Versafine
Embossing powder: Detail Clear - Stampendous
Promarkers: Lime Zest, Lime Twist, Ice Grey 1, Ice Grey 3, Cool Grey 4, Black, Red, March Hare
Embellishments: Googly eyes
How you do it...
Create a 10cm x 15cm blank from the ledger card. Stamp, emboss, colour and cut out the scientist, sentiment, bottle and two vapour clouds. Cut a notch in one end of a 4cm x 10.5cm piece of lime card stock. Mat onto the card blank so the notch overlaps the left side slightly.
Attach the scientist to the right of the lime strip, cut out the centre of a vapour cloud and mat onto the remaining vapour cloud, adhere to the bottle, then attach to the scientists hand.
Cut out the sentiment to look like an explosion, fix to the blank. Stick googly eyes over the scientists own, to finish.
I think you may have guessed by now that I LOVE Paper Smooches stamps. The scientist looks good without the googly eyes, but I wanted to add just a bit more silliness to the card.
Phew! This was quite a long post. Hopefully I should be back with a shorter one tomorrow. So, I'm signing off for the nonce. Thanks for popping by. xxx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous fancy dress pics Colette! Glad you had a good time over Christmas and the New Year. I love the card too! I am sure your nephew will be over the moon to receive such a brilliant card :)
Hugs
Dawn x

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Fabulous masculine card Colette, love the 'google eyes' :) xx