Tuesday 6 November 2012

Frosty!

Heevnin chums!
Hope you are all well! It's been a frantic couple of days but here I am.
This card I want to show you doesn't use stamps, just dry embossing and paper piecing.
So, I'd like you to meet Frosty!



What I used...

Winter Joy 12x12 Collection - Bo Bunny
Card stock - white, green, orange, black
Circle punches - various sizes
Snowflake punches - various sizes, styles
Alphabet stickers - black
Fine liner pens - white, black
Black Soot Distress Ink - Ranger
D'Vine Swirl embossing folder - Cuttlebug
Glitter dots

Emboss a square of white card, cover the top left corner with a curved piece of dotty paper.  Cut a piece of green card for the hat brim, ink the edges and adhere to the bottom of the dotty piece. Ink and draw faux stitching around the edges and mount onto black card.

Punch two black circles for the eyes, ten smaller ones for the mouth and a carrot shape out of orange card (ink the edge). Arrange and stick to the embossed panel, highlight in white.

Use alphabet stickers to spell 'Brrr!' in the bottom right hand corner of a white square blank. Punch snowflakes in different papers, arrange and adhere around the sentiment. Attach the panel to the top left of the blank, finish with a few glitter dots.

I think he's really cute. I based him on a Santa card I posted 6th January. There is something really satisfying about creating your own motifs and card toppers.

Okay, Simon's just brought me a brew, so I'll sign off and have a slurp. Thanks for calling in. Night night all! xx




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow this is so clever Colette! I love Frosty :)
Love
Dawn x