Tuesday 30 October 2012

Elegant Reindeer

Mornin' chums!
 
What a lovely, bright day! Makes a change from wet and windy.
 
Before I post today's card, I'd like to mention that my blog is being showcased in the December issue of Papercraft Inspirations. The card they have chosen to highlight is the  little 'Joy' snowman card posted on 23rd August 2012. I was so thrilled when they emailed me to ask if they could publish it.

 
On the Papercraft Inspirations website there is a link to Cosmic Strawberry, which includes links to the other fab blogs also showcased in the issue. Why not check out the website? Better still, buy the magazine! It's available in the shops until 22nd November. It's packed with loads of projects, tips, articles, latest products...and you get two brilliant free gifts, a 6x6 Christmas paper pad and co-ordinating die-cut chipboard images.
 
Now for the card.....
 

 
Last year I purchased the Bo Bunny Blitzen stamp set and never got round to using it. I thought the image would look good in simple black and white, with a pop of red. This is a 5"x7" card, which is bigger than I usually make.
 
What I used...
 
Blitzen stamp set - Bo Bunny
Black & White Mini Dot Reverse paper - Canvas Corp.
Cardstock - black, white
Black ink - Versafine
Ribbon - grosgrain, red
Stick pins - teardrop, white
Buttons - small, black, white
Pearl - flatbacked, red
'Believe' rub-on - Making Memories
 
After stamping the image onto white card, I trimmed and mounted it onto black card, then onto a larger piece of dot paper. I tied and knotted red ribbon around the right hand side and adhered the panel to the left side of a top fold blank.
 
Three buttons were threaded onto a stick pin and this was pushed, with another, into the knot. A flatbacked pearl was stuck to the reindeer's nose and the 'Believe' rub-on applied just above the reindeer's bum.
 
I was pleased with the way it turned out. You can't go wrong with the red, black and white combo. Very classy (apart from the mention of the reindeer's bum).
 
Going to make a coffee now. Enjoy the rest of your day. Toodle-pip! xx



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your Blog being featured in Papercraft Inspirations magazine, will make sure I get my copy :)
The elegant reindeer is stunning Colette!
Love
Dawn x