Monday 17 September 2012

Yuletide Robin

Good evenin'!
Hope this post finds you all well. I made another card last night (must have been on a roll yesterday - or there was something in the water).
Without further ado.....



This image is sooooo cute. I've had the robin stamp for quite a few years now. It is a wood mounted stamp called Stick Leg Robin (F-E59) by Funstamps. The sentiment is also a wood mounted stamp; Little Christmas by Stampendous, they are both still available to buy, but the Little Christmas is now made as a cling stamp (CRJ194).

So, I stamped the robin in black Versafine and heat embossed with clear powder, then coloured him in with Promarkers. I trimmed the image to a long rectangle. This was mounted with foam tape near the top of a white A6 tent fold blank. The sentiment was then stamped in black ink at the bottom right corner.

I wrapped red baker's twine around the card three times and tied in a knot, trimming and fraying the ends. A red button was threaded with frayed baker's twine and tied in a bow. I have some little felt 'double' holly leaves in my stash, so one of these was glued over the knot along with the red button. Stickles Crystal glitter glue adds a bit of sparkle to his hat!

Well, that's it for the nonce, I shall be back!



2 comments:

Nikbee said...

A sweet card. I love the robin with his sparkly hat.
Nikki x

Krafty Kows said...

Aww sooo cute. Love that Robin. Jeanette